How to Start Saving for a New HouseDecember 24, 2015
One of the most common New Year’s resolutions of many people this 2016, especially those who have been careless about money in 2015, is to save up. It is indeed an eye-opener to see your bank account almost empty even though you have been working very hard for the entire year. So it is time to change plans or create one because it is most likely the case for people who are careless with money.
One of the first things that you have to do to help you accomplish this resolution is to set a specific goal. A goal will inspire you to keep moving and strive harder. So what’s a good goal to set for yourself? How about buying a house?
In this article, we will give you some tips on how to start saving so you could finally buy a house for yourself and for the family.
Here are some simple tips that will make a big difference:
- Set a budget –most people tend to overspend because they do not set budget. They feel like it’s okay to spend all their money in their wallet without thinking about tomorrow or the days to come which leads to overspending. It is practical to set a weekly or monthly budget to help you control your spending. And the most important part is to stick to that budget.
- Pay your bills on time –it is almost always a heartbreaking scenario to see your credit card bills, utility bills and all other bills you have to pay. However, there is no other way but to pay it. And it is important that you pay on time. Late payments incur late payment charges, which you can easily avoid when you pay your bills on time. Those amounts to something when you add everything up. So be responsible and know your due dates and you should make sure to settle everything on time.
- Prepare your own foods –eating out is not healthy both for your weight and for your pocket. Not only you are paying ridiculous amount of money for ridiculous foods that contain high calories but you’re also risking your health. It is best that you prepare your own food – healthy foods including your lunch for work.
- Limit your splurges –buying new luxury bags every month? Keeping up with this habit will bring you nowhere near your goal of buying a new house. It is advisable that you limit your splurges. Your once a month purchase of luxury bag can be once every 6 months or once a year. It’s not so bad considering that you will have a new house instead. Buy luxury items after you bought a house.
- Cut out your vices –lastly, you should cut down your vices like smoking, drinking, and gambling. Those things are just waste of money. Money that you can use for better things.
Following those tips will help you achieve your resolution for 2016 and will help you get closer to your goal of buying a house. If you are planning to settle down in Australia, Lend Lease has land for sale in Sydney, located in a great community with nearby parks and other establishments that you can check out. Looking at it will inspire you to work harder and save money so that by the end of the year, you will be able to move there with your family.